Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Newsflash... I am a spoiled Brat

As much as I complain about my dad always making things difficult, he is definately not as dreadful as my other parental unit, Edina Monsoon. So I have my super stressful academic situation that consumes most of my time, my patience, and sometimes even my will to live. I never believed it when people said stress kills, oh do I believe it now. It is doing a number on my body...headaches, backaches, tummyaches and many other random aches and pains. My mother (if she even deserves to be called that) lacks that maternal streak...she thinks dressing me up (that horrible red dress I wore on the day of the tour of the factory was her idea) and doing my hair is all that is required of her. So I try not to be a complete bitch, I realize her limitations in her capacity as being a parental entity, so I try to avoid her. But after my sister Saffy called me, my dad, and my mom called me this week...acting like they haven't heard from me in years, I decided I should contact them. So I sent the parents a polite email. Well that of course is not good enough for my mother. She left message, after message, so I finally gave in and called even though school is emotionally draining, and she makes any decent situation a riot of negative emotions. So I tried to not talk about school and stick to the chit chat that is suitable for strangers sitting next to each other on a trans-atlantic flight. But I let slip one disparaging remark about my school and she tells me to suck it up and stop complaining, and I should just be happy, and blah, blah, blah. I had to restrain myself and only had enough strength to just close my cell phone and turn it off. (Yeah I hung up on the old twit!) I am tired of being told it is my fault. I know it is my fault. I shouldn't even be here. I know I am lucky to be here in my situation. But I could have and really should have gone to school someplace else, I probably would be happier. I really can't take criticism from someone who always fails to be supportive and who made it clear to me a long time ago that maintaining a certain kind of lifestyle was more important then her first-born daughter. I know she has no idea and no matter how much I explain the complexity of the situation, she still finds something negative to say. I don't have time to cry... too much studying to do. So it is simpler to agree with her and just say it...I am a spoiled, rotten, horrible, awful, ungrateful, miserable brat.

No comments: